Devpost Jobs Invite-a-Friend Program Terms & Conditions
These terms apply to Devpost’s Invite-a-Friend program and are an agreement (“Agreement”) between you and Devpost.
Devpost will offer you a US $1,000 “Referral Bonus” for referring a candidate who:
- Arrives on our site and applies for Devpost Jobs for the first time by clicking on your Invite-a-Friend program link;
- Is approved by Devpost for access to Devpost Jobs; and
- Accepts a Covered Employment Offer, as defined in our candidate Terms, within 180 days of their approval for Devpost Jobs.
(a candidate meeting the above conditions is a “Referred Candidate”)
The following additional terms also apply:
- Devpost has the right to refuse any candidate access to Devpost Jobs for any reason.
- A Referred Candidate may be a registered Devpost user at the time of referral but must be a new user of the Devpost Jobs portion of our site, applying for access to Devpost Jobs for the first time.
- The Referred Candidate and the referrer can not be the same person.
- Devpost will only pay one Referral Bonus per Referred Candidate regardless of the number of times the Referred Candidate is referred, applies for Devpost Jobs, or accepts a Covered Offer through Devpost Jobs.
- Referral Bonuses are only paid for full-time employment of indefinite term, and will not be paid for part-time or fixed-term roles, contract employment, or internships.
- A Referral Bonus will be paid within 120 days of the Referred Candidate’s start date provided the Referred Candidate remains employed with the employer originally named in the Covered Employment Offer for at least 90 days following their start date.
- As a referring user, you are responsible for any and all tax liability resulting from a Referral Bonus. You may be required to provide relevant tax forms and payment information to Devpost, including a W-9 or W-8BEN form and valid banking details, in order to receive a Referral Bonus.
- Devpost reserves the right to close the account(s) of any referring user and/or Referred Candidate, to cancel the Referral Bonus, and/or to require return of a Referral Bonus to Devpost, if the referring user and/or Referred Candidate attempts to use the Devpost Invite-a-Friend program in a questionable manner, including any fraudulent or misleading referral activity, or violates any of these terms and conditions or any applicable law, statute or governmental regulation.
- Determination of Referral Bonus eligibility, as well as any exceptions, will be at the sole discretion of Devpost.
- Devpost may cancel the Invite-a-Friend program at any time without notice. All referrals made prior to program cancellation will be paid in the event these terms and conditions are satisfied by the referring user and Referred Candidate.
Please direct questions about these terms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: October 21, 2016